Wesley College, New Zealand's oldest registered secondary school, was founded in 1844 in Grafton, Auckland, to train Māori boys and boys from the Pacific Islands. This drawing shows the college in 1848, the year it opened on its second site in Three Kings, Auckland. Wesley College closed for several years during the New Zealand wars in the 1860s, and in 1924 it moved to its present site at Pukekohe.
Using this item
Alexander Turnbull Library
Pencil work by E. Watkin
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.
Add new comment