The Bay of Plenty Electric Power Board was formed in 1925 to supply electricity to the district. From 1929 it bought electricity at wholesale rates from the Lake Waikaremoana hydroelectricity scheme. The impressive powerhouse at Tuai, opened in 1929 to house the scheme's first generators, is shown here in a 1948 painting by Doris Lusk.
Using this item
Christchurch Art Gallery - Te Puna o Waiwhetu
Oil on board by Doris Lusk
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.