This 1913 cartoon caricatures eight Supreme Court judges, who are all wearing the traditional gown and wig. They are (from left) F. R. Chapman, W. B. Edwards, J. S. Williams, Robert Stout, J. E. Denniston, T. Cooper and W. A. Sim. A. Cooper takes notes below the bench. The Supreme Court was renamed the High Court in 1980, to free the former name for a final court of appeal.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.