Don Grant (1908–1963) was rector (principal) of Southland Boys’ High School from 1950 to 1963. He was one of a distinguished line of Southland educationalists to head the school. This portrait was painted in Trieste, Italy, in July 1945, when he commanded 23 Battalion, 2nd NZEF.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.