Story: Wairarapa places

‘Oterei boat harbour, Te Awaiti’

‘Oterei boat harbour, Te Awaiti’

The Oterei harbour served the Riddiford family’s Te Awaiti run, at Tora, south of Martinborough. William Mein Smith painted the harbour around 1849.

Using this item

Alexander Turnbull Library
Reference: A-034-031
Watercolour by William Mein Smith

Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.

All images & media in this story

How to cite this page:

Ben Schrader, 'Wairarapa places - Palliser district', Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, http://www.TeAra.govt.nz/en/artwork/12046/oterei-boat-harbour-te-awaiti (accessed 7 July 2020)

Story by Ben Schrader, updated 11 Jun 2015