From 1883 the government began developing the thermal pools at Te Aroha. It soon became popular, partly because it was easily reached by rail from Auckland. By 1885 it was receiving more visitors than Rotorua, and this was the case until the railway connection to Rotorua was completed in 1894. This early poster advertising Te Aroha as a health resort includes a railway map.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.