During the Second World War Judy Evans and Guy Harding painted murals on panels for the New Zealand Communist Party's Unity Centre Hall in Cuba Street, Wellington, which opened in 1943. They were inspired by the communist murals produced in Russia and Mexico, and in keeping with communist philosophies were international in focus. The panels were removed from the hall when it became a dance studio and were donated to the Alexander Turnbull Library in 1975. This is one of the murals.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.