This is the front and back elevation of the Wanganui (Whanganui) Opera House. Built by the city council to mark the diamond jubilee of Queen Victoria, the building was opened by Premier Richard Seddon in 1900. It was designed in the classical revival style.
Using this item
Whanganui Regional Museum
Permission of the Whanganui Regional Museum must be obtained before any re-use of this image.