The battle to save one of the last stands of kauri forest in Northland, at Waipoua, began in the 1940s and continued until 1952 when the Waipoua Forest Sanctuary was established. In 1948, members of Parliament visited the forest along with some conservation advocates.
Using this item
Archives New Zealand - Te Rua Mahara o te Kāwanatanga
Reference: Weekly Review 333. National Film Unit, 1948
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand Licence