The ‘mother church’ of Presbyterians in New Zealand is the church founded by the Scottish settlers of Dunedin in 1848. The present building, opened in 1873, designed by Scottish-born architect R. A. Lawson, is considered a masterpiece of the adaptation of Gothic style to the requirements of Presbyterian worship.
Using this item
New Zealand Post
Reference: 1948 Centennial of Otago stamp issue
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.