In 1953, to meet New Zealand’s pressing need for more housing, the government brought in 500 prefabricated houses from Austria. Close to 200 tradesmen also came to assemble the houses, and many settled. Most came as young single men, with the interests of their age group – including motorcycle riding.
Using this item
Pātaka - Porirua Museum of Arts and Cultures
Reference: P 2. 238
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.
Add new comment