Ashhurst, established in 1877, was the easternmost of the Manchester block settlements. Today it is an outer suburb of Palmerston North. It lies at the junction of roads to Feilding, the Pohangina valley and, via the Manawatū Gorge, Woodville and Hawke’s Bay.
Using this item
Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Shirley Williams
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 New Zealand Licence