Timaru, in South Canterbury, constructed an artificial beach at Caroline Bay, after the formation of the Caroline Bay Association in 1911. There was a regular summer carnival with fairground rides – a tradition still going strong in 2006.
Using this item
South Canterbury Museum
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.