The Taieri River bridge near Hyde has impressive abutments and piers made of locally quarried schist blocks. It was opened on 18 December 1879 by Mrs Brown, the wife of the engineer who designed the bridge and supervised construction.
Using this item
Photograph by Geoffrey Thornton
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.