After their wreck on Disappointment Island in March 1907, the Dundonald survivors built huts from the tussock on the island. While awaiting rescue at the Erebus Cove depot, they built this flagstaff, which flew a flag roughly embroidered with the word ‘Welcome’.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.