Eventually Christchurch’s clock tower, originally intended for the Provincial Building, was installed on a new stone base commemorating Queen Victoria’s jubilee in 1897. By then the need for a visible public clock in the centre of Christchurch had become obvious. The site was the triangle between High, Manchester and Lichfield streets.
Using this item
Christchurch City Libraries
Reference: PhotoCD 8, IMG0020
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.