The Women's Social and Political League was founded in 1894 and promoted women's social and political education through activity in the public sphere. It was one of a number of women's political groups that emerged from the suffrage movement. These women were members in 1912 and were attending a reception for Louisa Seddon (front row, fifth from left) and one of her daughters. Louisa Seddon, the organisation's patron, was the widow of premier Richard Seddon.
Using this item
Christchurch City Libraries
Reference: PhotoCD11, IMG0085
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.
Add new comment