Weaver Ilse von Randow was commissioned to weave a large curtain for the Auckland Art Gallery in 1958. The curtain was woven on a number of looms at the same time and hand-stitched together over four months. It was mounted over a new door that separated two gallery spaces and remained in place for about 10 years. After the curtain was removed it was stored at the Auckland War Memorial Museum.
Using this item
Auckland Art Gallery – Toi o Tāmaki, E. H. McCormick Research Library
Permission of Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki must be obtained before any re-use of this image.