Players from the Wellington Orchestral Society are shown seated with their instruments on the stage of the original Wellington Opera House, in Manners Street, in October 1900. The conductor, J. Maughan Barnett, sits in the centre. Such orchestras were usually made up of the best local amateur players.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.