The Te Arawa canoe landed at Maketū on the Bay of Plenty coast. In 1940 this monument was put up to mark the landing place.
Using this item
Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Peter Hodsell
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.