Kaiwaka War Memorial Hall, shown here in the later 1980s, was opened in 1952 and was typical of the utilitarian rural war memorial halls built after the Second World War. In 2011 it was painted red and designated a welcome centre for visitors travelling to Rugby World Cup games in Whāngārei.
Using this item
Te Ara – The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Jock Phillips
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 New Zealand Licence