Boy choristers from Cathedral Grammar School, Christchurch, assemble before the 2011 deconsecration service for the earthquake-damaged Christchurch Cathedral. Cathedral Grammar School was established in 1881 to train boys for the Anglican Cathedral Choir and to prepare them for secondary school. In 2013 the school catered for preschool, primary and intermediate-stage boys and girls. It was one of just two choir schools in the southern hemisphere, and trained the only professional choir for boys in New Zealand. The choir itself is made up of 20 boys, all on special scholarships, and 16 men. It sings for regular services and special occasions.
Using this item
Fairfax NZ, The Press
Reference: 09 November 2011
Photograph by Kirk Hargreaves
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder by contacting Syndication@fairfaxmedia.co.nz