The National Historic Places Trust founded in 1955 initially concentrated on recording and marking historic places. This plaque commemorating Captain James Cook's visit to Anaura Bay, on the East Coast, in October 1769 was unveiled by the chairman of the trust, C. M. Bowden, in June 1958.
Using this item
Tairawhiti Museum, Te Whare Taonga O Te Tairawhiti
Reference: Gisborne Photo News, 24 July 1958, p. 36
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 3.0 New Zealand Licence