The Australian cricketers play Otago in Dunedin on 5 March 1910. Carisbrook began as an initiative of the Carisbrook Cricket Club in 1874, but in the following decade the local rugby club was invited to share the facilities and international matches began to be held there. There was one grandstand but, as can be seen in this photograph, most of the spectators were forced to stand.
Using this item
Otago Daily Times
Reference: Otago Witness, 9 March 1910
Permission of the Otago Daily Times must be obtained before any re-use of this image.
Add new comment