On their 60th anniversary in 2008, Robert and Gweneth Platt renewed their wedding vows at St Andrews church, New Plymouth, where they were married. They travelled to the ceremony in the same type of car, a gleaming black Ford Mercury Eight. The more than 40 guests included four who had been at the 1948 ceremony, and the couple were handed new wedding rings by the same woman who had done so the first time around as a young girl.
Using this item
Fairfax NZ, Taranaki Daily News
Photograph by Bradley Ambrose
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder by contacting Syndication@fairfaxmedia.co.nz