To assist castaways, from 1888 finger posts were erected pointing to survival depots. This one is at Sealer’s Creek, Laurie Harbour – or Port Ross, as it is more commonly known. It pointed to a provision depot at Erebus Cove.
Using this item
Department of Conservation
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.