This was the first team that represented New Zealand following the establishment of the New Zealand Cricket Council in 1894. The team defeated New South Wales by 142 runs in a game played at Lancaster Park, Christchurch, from 30 December 1895 to 1 January 1896. The members of the team were: (back from left) H. S. De Maus, L. A. Cuff and W. C. Pearce; (middle from left) A. G. Rains, R. Blacklock, A. R. Holdship (captain), A. H. Fisher and A. B. M. Labatt; (front from left) W. Robertson, A. D. Downes and A. E. Clarke.
Using this item
Private collection, Don Neely
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.