Story: Tennis

Miramar Tennis Club, 1931

Miramar Tennis Club, 1931

Wellington's major tennis venue was in the eastern suburb of Miramar from 1925 to 1948, when a new facility was opened in Central Park, Brooklyn. Miramar hosted both local and international matches on its lawn and hard courts.

Using this item

Alexander Turnbull Library, Evening Post Collection (PAColl-0614)
Reference: PAColl-5927-03

Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.

All images & media in this story

How to cite this page:

Joseph Romanos, 'Tennis - Consolidation, 1920s to 1940s', Te Ara - the Encyclopedia of New Zealand, http://www.TeAra.govt.nz/en/photograph/37340/miramar-tennis-club-1931 (accessed 13 August 2022)

Story by Joseph Romanos, published 5 Sep 2013