National Park and its railway station were originally called Waimarino, but the current name was adopted in 1926 because of the close association with the Tongariro National Park and the existence of other places called Waimarino. In 2011 the Auckland–Wellington Overlander train stopped at National Park for a lunch break between 12.50 and 1.20 p.m.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.