A bulldozer is used to remove stumps and logs from Māori land at Rākautatahi, on the Takapau plains in southern Hawke's Bay, in 1939. Native ministers such as Āpirana Ngata encouraged the farming of remaining blocks of tribally owned land such as this one.
Using this item
Archives New Zealand - Te Rua Mahara o te Kāwanatanga
Reference: AAMK W3495 Box 21 21Q
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand Licence