In the 1920s, when this photo was taken, the imposing entrance hall of New Zealand's high commission to the United Kingdom featured stags' heads on the walls and display cases for gifts from other countries. This building, at 415 The Strand in London, housed the high commission from 1916 to 1963. Previously it had been at 13 Victoria Street, London SW. From 1963 a purpose-built New Zealand House at 80 Haymarket, SW1, housed the high commission.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.