Toko Toru Tapu church combines the external look of a colonial church with a Māori carved timber interior. It was built in 1913, replacing an earlier church on the same site. In the image, Archbishop Brown Tūrei conducts a special service in 2010 to confer a blessing at the start of a project to restore the church.
Using this item
Photograph by Paul Rickard
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.