In March 1918 the statue of Canterbury settlement founder John Robert Godley was moved from its position in front of Christchurch cathedral to the north side of the cathedral, as shown in this 1920s photo. It was shifted to make way for a tram shelter and public toilets.
Using this item
Christchurch City Libraries
Reference: PhotoCD17, IMG0014
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.