This engraving of Barrett's Hotel, Wellington, in the mid-1840s shows the Freemasons' hall at the north end of the hotel. The hall was used by the New Zealand Pacific lodge of the Masons. The lodge, which had its initial meeting in November 1842, was the first established in New Zealand.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.