These well-fed and happy faces from around 1956 testify to the quality of the meals served in the Cadbury dining hall at the Friends School, Whanganui. The hall was named after a famous British Quaker family whose chocolate products were well-known in New Zealand. The school ran from 1920 to 1969. Since 1974 part of the school site has been the location of the Quaker Settlement, a community that houses several families.
Using this item
Reference: Frances Menefy, and Malcolm Douglass. A history of NZ Friends School, Wanganui 1920–1969: plus events the Quaker settlement and reunions, 1970–1997. Christchurch: Malcolm Douglass, 2003, p. 63
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.