Dunedin's Knox College was opened in 1909 as a theological hall for the training of Presbyterian ministers and a residential college for university students. It provided a setting where ordinands (trainee ministers) could mix with young men undertaking degrees in other disciplines. Initially the focus was on theology and classical languages, but by the 1960s the curriculum included pastoral studies and wider church life. In 1997 the University of Otago took over responsibility for the delivery of theology degrees and the theological hall was integrated into a new School of Ministry. This photo was taken during Knox College's centenary celebrations.
Using this item
Photograph by Alan Dove
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.