Colourful branch banners hang from the balcony of the Foxton Little Hall as members of the Country Women's Institute gather for their 1994 conference. The Country Women's Institute was established (as the Women's Institute) in 1921, bringing rural women together to share homemaking and craft skills, and providing much-needed social opportunities. By 2010 the various branches were known collectively as the New Zealand Federation of Women's Institutes, which claimed to be the nation's largest women's organisation.
Using this item
Kete Horowhenua, Horowhenua Historical Society
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.
Add new comment