Sir John Walsh, shown here at his desk at the Otago Dental School, was dean of the school for 25 years from 1946. Walsh made a huge contribution to the professional standards of the school. He was responsible for introducing courses in children's dentistry, orthodontics and public-health dentistry, and also edited the New Zealand Dental Journal. The school of dentistry building at Otago University was named the Walsh Building in his honour in 2001.
Using this item
Hocken Library, University of Otago
Permission of the Hocken Library Uare Taoka o Hakena, University of Otago, must be obtained before any re-use of this image. Further information may be obtained from the Library through its website.