After 1935 enough families had cars to prompt the development of motor camps – camping grounds usually reached by road, in which a family’s car could be parked alongside their tent. This is the Ōhuka camp in Mercury Bay, probably in the late 1930s.
Using this item
Mercury Bay Museum
Reference: Ph# 1517
Photograph by P. Nash
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.