The first bridge at Ngātea, on the Piako River, opened in 1917. In this photo its centre span raised to allow the SS Hauiti to pass through.
Using this item
Te Ara – The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Reference: Rufus E. Tye, The Hauraki Plains story. Paeroa: Thames Valley News Ltd, 1974, p. 35
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.