The Foundation for the Blind, formed in 1890, received generous government funding because it was seen as the main provider of services to this group. These blind children are learning shorthand and typing in a classroom at the Blind Institute in Parnell, Auckland, probably in the early 1900s.
Using this item
Royal New Zealand Foundation of the Blind
Reference: Ken Catran and Penny Hansen, Pioneering a vision: a history of the Royal New Zealand Foundation for the Blind 1890–1990. Auckland: Royal New Zealand Foundation for the Blind, 1992, pp. 28
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.