A group of brothers from the Marist seminary in Greenmeadows, Hawke’s Bay, pose with their musical instruments in 1935. The seminary was originally established in Meeanee in 1890, along with a vineyard and winery, all of which later moved to the hillside site of Greenmeadows after flooding. The Hawke’s Bay earthquake of 1931 destroyed the seminary’s chapel, and killed two priests and seven students.
Using this item
Society of Mary Archives
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.