This photograph of the Tūhoe prophet Rua Kēnana’s council house, known as Hiona (Zion), was taken in 1908. The house was at Maungapōhatu, the community Rua established in the heart of the Urewera. Rua is pictured (third from left) with some of his wives.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.