A biscuit factory was founded by Richard Hudson in Dunedin in 1868. He saw his business grow rapidly, and in 1876 he purchased a larger building, the Masonic Hall in Moray Place, and fitted it out as a factory. By 1900 the biscuit and chocolate departments were cramped for space so a section on the corner of Cumberland and St Andrews streets was purchased together with a larger section between Cumberland and Castle streets where a new factory was built. This is the Hudson's biscuit factory in Castle Street in 1926, four years after the company joined up with Cadbury Brothers.
Using this item
Permission of the Otago Daily Times must be obtained before any re-use of this image.