The Auckland Harbour Bridge, built between 1956 and 1959, changed the city’s North Shore from a string of seaside villages into a large commuter suburb. The lower photo shows Raleigh Rd in Northcote in the early 1960s, a few years after the bridge was opened.
Photographs courtesy of Elizabeth Lancaster (La Vie)
Using this item
Auckalnd Libraries, Takapuna Library Photograph Archive
Reference: N0116015 (top); N0113076 (bottom)
Photographs by Philip La Vie
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.