The number of women working in banks increased during both world wars, only to fall again once the war was over and men sought their former jobs. Eight women are shown at a Hamilton bank branch in 1917, and 14 at a BNZ branch in 1940.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.
Add new comment