The Tuai power station building (part of the Waikaremoana power scheme) was opened in 1929. It is an impressive building, and its appearance is enhanced by its position on the shores of Lake Whakamarino. Tuai has been controlled remotely from Tokaanu power station since the early 2000s.
Using this item
Flickr: philrickerby's photostream
Photograph by Phil Rickerby
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.