The Eskdale war memorial church on State Highway 5 was designed by James Chapman-Taylor and dedicated in 1920. It was built in memory of a local man, Percival Beattie, who was killed near the end of the First World War. Eskdale farmer Thomas Clark donated the land and his daughter Annie, Beattie’s widow, funded the building and its furnishings.
Using this item
Flickr: Frank A. Duck's photostream
Photograph by Frank Duck
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.