The Cargill Monument in the Exchange – the intersection of Dunedin’s Princes and High streets – was a well-used, if small, public space. People would often sit on the steps or drink from one of its fountains while waiting for others, or passing the time of day. This view of the monument was from around 1930. In the background are Queens Gardens.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.