The Beal family and friends gather around their brand new electric kettle in 1901. It is not surprising that the Beals had a kettle (quite possibly the first in Rotorua). Dupair E. Beal, seated on the far right, was supervisor of Rotorua’s electrical development. In 1901 the town gained a central-government-funded hydroelectric station.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.